Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 2:We Ditched the Game!!!

OK,so first I just wanted to say that I got a little mixed up with days yesterday.I wrote that it was August 21st,when it was really the 22nd.So to make this clear,today is August 23rd and yesterday was August 22nd...NOT 21st!!!Alright,well now that we are done with that,let's get right down to business.Yesterday day was pretty boring. I just kinda hung out and watched TV and went on the computer and hung out with my cat.But the fun all started at about 4:45 PM ET.That's when my aunt and cousin picked me up.I am a HUGE baseball fan by the way!!!I love the New York Yankees.So my aunt got us 3 tickets to a Hudson Valley Renegades game!!! Which is great because of how close we are to Hudson Valley and how much I love baseball.The Renegades are the minor league team for the Tampa Bay Rays.I had previously been to 2 Renegades games before in my life but for my cousin and aunt this was a first.We were like SO excited.When we got there it was drizzling.They had the tarp on the field so it wouldn't get wet.Oh, and I forgot to mention who they were playing. They were playing the Staten Island Yankees which a minor leagues team for,you guessed it,THE YANKEES!!!!That made me even more excited.Anyway,so we got there and it was drizzle,yea,it was.We got a couple of hot dogs and some soda's and went and sat in our seats for a bit.It was some special night their called "Hairy Potter Night".Yes,I said "hairy" and not "Harry".I don't know why they called it that though.In fact,I don't even though know why they were having a "Hairy Potter Night" in the first place.So we sat in our seats.Later we got some popcorn.But we basically just sat there.When it was 7 o'clock and it was game time they said it would be at least another hour because the outfield was all muddy and they need to fix every mud spot one by one which took about 20 minutes EACH!!!So we sat,and we sat,and sat,and sat........After 3 hours of sitting and waiting,we decided enough was enough.My aunt has a blackberry and we were able to go online and check if any good movies were playing. So we found a movie. We left.Right when we were leaving it started to thunder and lightning.The only possible my aunt could get her money back was to get another 3 tickets for a different game and that was only gonna happen if the game was cancelled.So we just crossed our fingers and left.We ended up seeing the 9:50 showing of "Shorts:A Not so Tall Tale"I didn't get home till 11:45 so I was extremely tired.Well,I guess that's it.That was my day.Alrighty then,check me out tomorrow and see what else I have to say! See-Ya everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment